Friday, March 20, 2009

it's potty time....

so after clocking many, many, many hours of sitting on the potty, Elliott has finally decided he is going to use it. True to form, Elliott had to do it on Elliott's time. For the past few months we've been talking about the potty, reading books about the potty, and sitting on the potty (in every room of the house)....but no pee-pee! Then all of sudden on Wednesday, after sitting on the potty for oh close to 2 hours while watching cartoons (i know that is a lot of tv time....but i was determined), something miraculous happened....he PEED on the potty!!!!
So of course, I praised him endlessly, picked him up, spun him around the room, and he was finally able to open his Batman toy (aka: the " if you pee-pee on the potty" bribery toy that has been sitting on top of the refrigerator for a few weeks now).
I was afraid that bribery wouldn't last long, but I was amazed at the progress my little boy made in one day. By that night he was sitting on the potty, and pushing his pee-pee out within a few minutes. He now gets rewarded with m&m's every time he pee-pee's.

Day 2, of pee-peeing on the potty, he pee-pee'd at school, at home, and on a restaurant potty while out to eat AND, woke up this morning with a DRY diaper, ready to put his pee-pee on the potty. Now, don't get me wrong, we've had a couple of accidents along the way...but I am ONE PROUD MAMA!!!


I know I've rambled on about pee-pee, and for those that don't have kids this may sound a bit excessive and gross, but you just don't understand the stress and pressure of potty training. The pressure for your child to perform is unbelievable!

2 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Yay Elliott! We are doing great during the day..but we are greeted with one full diaper in the morning@

Emily said...

Yeah Elliott! I love that look on his face in the first picture. "Mom, I'm in the bathroom here!" lol