Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tomorrow is the day we've been waiting for....

We finally get to know what Baby #2 is!!!
Which will be some exciting news in the midst of finding out that I have the Gestational Diabetes again with this baby! I did the refresher class yesterday and looks like it is protein and fiber for me for the next 20 weeks....ugh!
And I just want to gripe about something that has been bothering me....I am so SICK of hearing the word "failed". I got a phone call informing that I "failed" the 1 hour test, then a follow up phone call confirming that i have "failed" the 3 hour test. It's not anything that I can control or study for!!! Please stop saying I failed! Like it isn't bad enough that I have to be on a diet for the next 20 weeks, I also have to keep hearing the word which is starting to make me feel like the biggest failure of all! It's not like I am an over weight person, or eat a ton of sugary junk food; but if you insist on pumping me full of some sugary orange drink and then stick a needle in my arm and are surprised to find the sugar still coursing thru my veins, then just state the facts and tell me what to do to keep the baby healthy....don't say I failed some test that I didn't even sign up for or was given a feasible way to pass it.
Sorry about that....I just had to get it off my chest. I'm done, and on to more important things like Wednesday, April 29th, when we finally get to know if Elliott is going to have a baby brother or sister. Please let me know what you think it is:)


and i hate posts without pictures....so here is what we have been up to lately:



soccer season is still going strong, although the snack at the end is Elliott's favorite part of the game
this duck was purchased with the $5.00 Grandma and Pop-Pop sent Elliott for Easter, and has surprisingly provided hours of enjoyment....can you see that smile on his face?
and here is my big boy and I after the Smyrna Jonquil Festival this past weekend, which was a huge success by the way:
I'll be eagerly awaiting to post tomorrow what our Baby #2 is going to be:)

4 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm so glad the Jonquil Festival was a success. We meant to head over there but didn't make it in time!

And, can't wait to hear boy or girl. I'm going to guess boy!

And, I totally with you on the "failing" thing. It doesn't make any sense. With my platelets, I felt the same way. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it, but they made me feel like crap.

So, it's not your fault. I'm betting it's heredity. Here's to lots of chicken and green beans!

Emily said...

Yeah! My guess is girl. But I also thought that Kellie would be having some girls so you might not want to put too much faith in me.

You're right, it is unfair that they used the word "failure". It not very supporting or uplifting to say that either. I can understand how you feel, though. I felt horrible after they said I had "failed" to give birth [the normal way] and had to have a c-section. It's rough.
Glad the festival was a success too!

laura said...

i'm guessing girl too-can't wait to find out tomorrow!

vent all you need to. i agree, they should not use the word "failed".

elliott is getting so tall & grown up!

Jen said...

Amen Sherry.

Failed is not the correct word. And I could not believe YOU had Gest. Dia. with Elliott. You are always a healty eater and quite thin.