Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...

to all my fellow mommies out there. I hope everyone had a wonderful day...we did!

I started the day out pretending I wasn't on my diet, and had a donut at church, and it was SOOOO worth the sugar and carbs:) Then we had a brunch in sunday school, then Josh and Elliott took me out to lunch to my most favorite lunch spot, Moes!, then we headed down to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, and finally finished the day up with the All you can Eat Crab Legs at Vinings Grill....what a delicious Mother's Day!

notice the pretty shirt I am wearing. My husband is really good at picking out things that I like, but would never buy for myself...thank you Josh, I love it!

here it is from further away. It is made up of all these flowy layers...I don't even think I look that pregnant in it...

and this past Saturday was the last soccer game of the season. It is amazing how much E had improved from the first game to the last....check out his moves....

look at that determination in his face...i'm so proud of him...even though i recently learned that it is vain to say you are "proud", but I don't know what other word to use....and of course the game was followed up with a party and snacks!!!and look how proud he is of his trophy...

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a cute soccer player! And I totally love the shirt...Josh did good! Definitely sounds like you had a yummy Mother's Day! You can definitely tell your pregnant by all the food talk! J/K! ;)
Glad you had a special Mother's Day!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Your shirt looked great! I even told Josh!

And, I didn't know it was vain to say proud? I thought that lesson was silly; and I don't think it was talking about the same type of pride. How could you be anything but proud?

Maybe you can have E learn that he should be proud of himself.

Jen said...

I love the last pic. He is So cute.