Monday, July 13, 2009

the Baby Nursery...

so we've already cleaned this room out once, but I swear, I think this room has some sort of magnet on it. Things around the house just get sucked in and find a new home here. I hope this is not the case once the baby arrives and it is officially "her" room.
If you have been following our progress, then you know about the garage in the back yard that was built to store all these odds and ends. Well, we aren't able to move anything out there until garage door is installed......sooooo....here is what our dining room looks like after the first clean out of the nursery:
and here is what the nursery looks like after cleaning Elliott's closet out this past weekend: But, don't worry! I am not panicking yet, because we went and bought all the supplies for her room this past weekend, including the pink paint, which I am absolutely thrilled about! It is called "Sleeping Beauty Pink" and I'm hoping this name serves as a premonition of how good a sleeper she will be;)

here is the fabric and paint color for her room:
I plan to make the curtains, dust ruffle, and bumper out of this fabric.

I also already have a pink sheet on her bed, and the bumper that I am going to add the fabric to is installed. (i feel i am making some headway in the sea of baby stuff that seems to be taking over our house right now):
AND I also have this great pink basket, that I don't know what I'm going to do with yet, but isn't it great? Most pink stuff for baby girl's is so pastel pink, that I was excited to find something more vibrant. It will probably hold her diapers and whatnots near the changing table:
Ohhh....and this green chair has also been causing me some problems right now. I LOVE the chair, because it was my Grandma's and Aunt Carol's, and holds a lot of sentimental value; and was the chair that I held Elliott in for so many years. But the green is just not going to fly in my pretty pink nursery. So I am trying to decide whether to re-upholster it, or get a new chair for her nursery....decisions, decisions!
And last, but not least, I had this FABULOUS diaper bag made, by a fellow etsy seller, Watermelon Wishes. So when the room starts to get on my nerves for still being brown, and messy, I just look over at my wonderful diaper bag, and I feel sooooo much better:) Isn't it funny how a great bag can make you feel that way?


ALSO, this dresser, that the diaper bag is hanging on, was my dad's old dresser that I painted and added the decorative knobs too. The knobs were painted the color of Elliott's nursery, so I plan to do the same for her. Her knobs of course will be pink!

4 comments:

laura said...

looks like you are making progress! can't wait to see it painted! miss you!

Emily said...

I love the bag! A great bag always makes me feel better! ;) And I love the color...you know I love anything Sleeping Beauty related! It kind of looks like you're in "organized chaos" and, more importantly, have a plan. These next few months will be exciting and fun!...although not nearly as exciting and fun as the months to follow!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You've got some serious progress there. Love the pink and the dots.

I vote to reupholster the chair (and, yes, I know you didn't ask)!

And, wow, that is a ton of diaper boxes!

Jen said...

Love the Pink and Orange.
I say re-cover the chair.